Friday 7 September 2012

Introduction!

Hello Everyone,
  I thought for my first post I would tell you a bit about myself, I was born and raised in St. John's NL. That being said I am very much a "townie" in every sense of the word! I have one sibling, my younger sister of two years, and a dog. I listen to all kinds of music but lately have been drifting towards the style of indie pop. Some of my favorite books include, The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray, The Game of Thrones series by George R.R. Martin and Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. As you can see there is a main focus towards slightly period type books.
  With movies I kind of draw a blank, I've seen so many that they mostly blend together, I love Grease and Footloose. Any heart warming, feel good story really. I hate horror films! I can not sit through any of the Exorcisms or Paranormal Activity. It is a big problem for my friends who love these kinds of films and most of the time I get dragged along.
  I played volleyball and basketball for 6 years before giving them up in level 3. I have taken voice lessons for 10 years and am in a choir directed by my voice teacher, I play the piano and the guitar as well. In highschool I was involved in many social justice groups in my school such as war child, YAC and others. I think volunteering is very important with all the poverty and suffering in the world, people like myself who are so well off should always look for ways to help!
 I am currently pursing a double major in English and Law and Society, after that I would love to go on to do the Law program at Dalhousie University. During highschool I always loved English, it was one of my favorite subjects, but mostly I choose this path because as a lawyer it is vitally important that I am able to write well and also critically think when I am reading other papers or case studies. Most of all during English 1080 I hope to improve the fluidity of my writing and my grammar.

Thanks for reading! Talk to you all soon!
AR

1 comment:

  1. Well, that was nicely written. Write your essays with such an easy hand and you'll do great.

    Good to hear you are into social justice. I've done a bit of writing on homelessness and the law in NFLD. Check it out:

    http://theindependent.ca/2012/07/20/you-gotta-fight-for-your-right-to-sleep/

    Really interesting case for Supreme Court BC.

    ReplyDelete